Sunday 7 August 2011

Back to Thai Time

Today's weather: High = 29 Low = 25
Overcast -- as usual!

I've got a biking blog going on while I cycle in Northern Thailand -- lots of fun! The website is here:

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/9280

Meanwhile, I don't want this trip to end :-) When it does, I'm thinking of getting a foothold in the Thai language during my spare time. Can easily arrange this in Shanghai, where private tutors advertise online. Most of them can speak 3 languages, that is English, Chinese, and Thai.

My ultimate goal, and I doubt it will ever be achieved, is to speak 5 languages. Those would be, in the following order: English, Chinese, Thai, Bahasa Malay, and Hindi.

1 comment:

  1. I would focus on Chinese if I were you. Thai is seriously difficult to learn, and I'm saying this after 3 years of language study (one of which was full-time) while living here. Learning Hindi would mean that you have a head start in the Indian aspects of both Thai and Malay languages would you ever study those, so you could pick it as a third language, but I would only consider that if you're living long term in a Hindi speaking environment...

    ReplyDelete