Tuesday 3 January 2012

A Classic Nightmare

Today's weather:  High = 2  Low = -4
Freezing
 
Last night was a classic nightmare in the sense that it felt so real, and it has real-life potential to come true.  I just hope it never does! 
 
The nightmare went like this:  I was hurrying to the airport at some SE Asian city, and flying Air Asia of course as it's dirt cheap.  But while rushing to catch a flight, I had a 500m dash across a large empty parking lot to reach the terminal building in the distance.  As it is in dreams, when you want to run, you feel you are held back, and it's like running through molasses.
 
Lugging around a huge bag doesn't help either, in a dream or in real life.
 
Anyways I get to the terminal building and go straight to bag check-in, and I get a number for the bag:  Number 2.  But then I go to passenger check-in and am told it is too late, the person in charge says she already closed the counter and the flight will take off in 10 minutes.  I then hear them say in Chinese, he can catch the 9:30 flight.   Then she tells me the same thing in English.
 
I protest and say I want to get on this flight at 7:30 because my bag is already checked in.  It is bag #2, and produce the paperwork.  The check-in clerk then says, "We can get your bag and then you can catch the next flight."
 
I continue to protest by saying, "If I miss this flight, I will miss the next flight in Guangzhou.  I must get on the 7:30 flight"
 
She screams at me and says,  NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
 
At that point I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment