Sunday 7 November 2010

Commuting less than 100 km / week

Weather today: High = 20 Low = 5
Hazy

The motorcycle odometer tells me I'm putting less than 100 km every week for getting around. Actually I haven't left the city of Shanghai at all since August except for two occasions. One was a family wedding in Vietnam earlier last month, and the other was was a church retreat in Songjiang just last weekend. Technically, Songjiang is part of Shanghai (province) so that may not necessarily count!

At any rate, most of what I need is right downtown in a particular district: Xu Hui. Even trips to Pudong or People's Square are a rarity as the majority of time I am happily enjoying life in this district.

Two years ago while living out in the boonies, I would be commuting almost 100km *every day* on the motorcycle, actually the scooter at the time. Last year while working in Wuhan, that dropped to about 250 km every week, or just about enough to fill a tank of gas every week.

Now I only fill up the gas tank every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment