Wednesday 10 November 2010

Retro Commute

Today's Weather: High = 23 Low = 11
Sunny

With such a nice day today, why not another motorcycle ride. This time I did the retro commute of two years ago from Shanghai to the boonies where I used to work at Sino Canada. The trip seemed to take an extremely long time, and I kept wondering: How on earth did I use to do this so often two years ago? This was freakin grueling!

In actual fact I did that commute 2-3 times a week, sometimes every day when I used to live out of the Gubei apartment. I still can't figure out how I managed to survive all that.

Mind you, there are some advantages of living out there. Today was a matter of necessity to head out and get gas for the motorcycle. Inside the city they are cracking down as I feared they would .... they don't fill up gas to unregistered bikes anymore. So that means trips far out to the boonies to get gas.

With a tank full of gas now, that should last more than another month. Here's to a bet I can last until Christmas with that tank of gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment