Wednesday 19 January 2011

House is Falling Apart!!

A short while ago there was this loud CRACK sound eminating from my kitchen. I ventured in to see most of the marble wall tiles had caved outwards and were on the verge of a complete fall down. Obviously it's the cold weather at play here. When I heat up the house in the evenings, this causes the walls to expand slightly. When I turn off the heater while at work, the inside cools down to about 5-10 degrees depending where you are in the apartment.

The kitchen tiles face the most expansion and contraction, and when this happens all winter, it's only a matter of time before they fall off. This is a real piss-off and a similar thing has happened in the guest room. Unfortunately there is no time to deal with these issues now. It is more or less a guarantee that the tiles will fall down completely during the holiday and there's gonna be a mess when I get back. But calling for repairs now is out of the question as it will only delay my departure.

Best thing I could do was put a bunch of blankets and soft covering on the floor so the tiles will be salvaged when they fall and won't shatter. Coming back, will get my secretary to look at this and call for repairs, saying that it basically happened over the break and I had nothing to do with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment