Friday 14 October 2011

The 7-Day Work-week of Meltdowns

Today's weather:  High = 22  Low = 13
Cloudy
 
I could write a book on just this week alone but will settle for a quick post.  The sheer number of meltdowns happening at work/school this week is beginning to worry me.  We already lost one teacher who is packing up his bags and leaving mid-term.  Students in the senior grade are displaying horrible attitudes and we are having to deal with truancy, disruptions, disrespect, lying, and a whole host of issues like this.
 
Part of the problem was exactly as predicted:  the 7-day workweek right after the National holiday was a disaster waiting to happen.   Let's hope that NEVER AGAIN will weekends have to be made up like this, but I have my doubts.  Nonetheless this kills morale for both teachers and students and reners the previous holiday as a writeoff.
 
Aside from work a number of meltdowns happened at my current apartment.  Yes, more.  Moving out looks to be the best choice possible and thankfully, things are moving ahead well with that plan.  More to come.
 
I simply want to get out of this rat race within a few years and follow in the footsteps of the 'mentors' I met in Thailand over the summer who travel around using investment income from real estate assets, stock shares, and rental incomes
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment