Saturday 22 October 2011

Moving House: 60% Complete

A little bit of Saturday morning fun ... actually I'm astonished by how fast the move is progressing.  With over 15 trips done back and forth on the motorcycle, averaging 3 trips an hour, it was a solid round of work.   To make a long story short, I'm moving down the street.  Two blocks to be exact.  Shortest move I've ever done and how much has it cost so far?   About 5 RMB in fuel for the motorcycle tank.  Given my crappy financial situation right now I can't afford to move any other way than this method. 
 
But now that I'm using this method I wouldn't move any other way.   As it turns out there are complex procedures and stupid paperwork rules if you move the official way using vans and taxis.  For example the security guards at the gate insist you apply for a moving permit and take a receipt to the main 'wu ye' administration building at the compound.  This applies to both the compound you are moving out of and moving into.  Without the rules being followed, the taxi or van will be held up at the gate until the paperwork can be processed.   The whole thing is one big fucking headache 
 
Moving via motorcycle circumvents this whole process, but of course it takes a lot more time and it's hard work.  If only there were pictures taken, you could have seen me hauling a futon mattress, a television, and even a full-blown closet on the motorcycle.  Classic stuff, and when in Rome.
 
The new place I'm moving into is top-notch snazzy and I'll be taking pictures to show on her for sure.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment