Sunday 4 December 2011

Got a New Scooter

Yamaha 125cc Cygnus, white color.  Will post pics if I can.  It's a knock-off Yamaha, but still runs very well.  Got it used from an American whose girlfriend didn't want him riding the scooter around town.  The price was incredible, 3600 RMB.  Too good to be true?  Maybe, but I snatched it up in a heartbeat.  This will be the ideal transitional scooter until next May or so when I pick up a 250cc motorcycle for longer distance rides.
 
Meanwhile, in terms of a city commuter, the scooter is really the ideal choice.  The ride to/from work has now been reduced to 15 minutes each way.  Basically, if I was using the subway as a comparison, by that time I'd have barely gotten on the first train to start the commute. 
 
So to summarize:
 
Subway and walking:  40-45 minutes
Bicycle:  30-35  minutes
Scooter:  15-20 minutes
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment