Saturday 17 December 2011

Scooter Hibernating Again

Today's weather:  High = 5 Low = -2
Sunny
 
Oh well, I got two weeks riding out of it.  Meanwhile it's now going underneath the school parking garage for hibernation, as the chilly winter is here to stay. 
 
The last hurrah of riding involved discovering a tunnel by fluke that goes to Pudong.  There are dozens of tunnels and bridges that cross the river between Puxi and Pudong, but most are either off-limits to motorcycles (actually they all are) or too busy.  I just happened to find a lightly-used tunnel that is not enforced either, and this would make a good passage if I ever needed to get to Pudong on a scooter.  For the past year or so, I often regarded Pudong as off-limits to a scooter ride, but maybe not any more.
 
The nicest part of the tunnel was feeling a bit of warmth from the freezing cold as it has that beautiful nice insulating effect.  But I got cold soon afterwards and then took a 30 minute long hot shower back home after the fact. 
 
Anyway, this cold weather is doing damage to my bike, as well as myself.  Time to hibernate it and figure out some other way to get to work.  In a word, pedalling.  Speaking of which, I'm going to be hitting the gym rather frequently to start the training and weight loss trend for the upcoming winter holiday trip.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment