Friday 30 March 2012

The Traumas of Over-Committing

Today's weather:  High = 17  Low = 9
Rain

I have a very bad habit of committing to something new, enjoying it at first, then burning out as I realize I have committed to too many things already and can't possibly finish them all.  Then, something has to give.  Either I sacrifice one committment for another, or I spread myself too thin, or worse yet, bail on a committment I've decided to be lower priority.

This has the effect of letting others down, and rightly so they are angry, as I have been the one to goof up.

Once more I've found myself in this kind of ugly situation.  Without wanting to go into details, I'm going to have to scale back on the mess I've created and make apologies, then find some way to back out and/or delegate out what has gotten me burned out.  Then, hopefully once things are under control, will finally put into practice the best advice I got from a university friend.

His advice was simple.  Say no more than you say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment