Wednesday 1 June 2011

Enjoying the New House

These days I've been living out of two apartments, that is until the lease on the downtown one expires mid-month.  Hmm, does this sound familiar?  Actually two years ago was the record in which, for a short time, I was living out of three apartments simultaneously.
 
For now, to make the most of it, I go to the new place in Minhang District, enjoy an afternoon nap with my white house generator, watch a few DVDs, go around the block for a coffee.  Then back on the bike downtown to work out at the gym, watch a few more DVDs at my other place downtown and go to sleep.
 
Our bike hero Edward has most assuredly made it into Nepal where he is updating his adventures.  As for how he pulled it off without a permit, I'm still learning the details, but I am nonetheless astonished.  This has now motivated me to begin hardcore training for the route I'll be doing in August.  I now hit the gym on a daily basis and run 10K on the treadmills.  I've already lost 20 pounds since last year, and continuing.  The next thing will be to do high-altitude training, but am still not sure where to do that.
 
At any rate, I'm doing a short bike trip in the Chongqing area for the long holiday weekend coming up.
 
The darn net censors have now blocked all the latest proxy servers I use to access this blog, so it's now my back-up of the back-up plan, which is to use email in order to update.  That is, I send an email to an automated address which forwards this to the blog and publishes it.
 
If that wasn't enough, they introduced new rules starting today where you must use a passport or ID card to purchase bullet train tickets and ride them. 
 
Life gets stricter and stricter over here, but it only makes me more and more determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment