Monday 20 June 2011

Summer Plans

Today's weather:  High = 25  Low = 21
Cloudy and rain
 
Lots going on as the students begin their final exams.  Meanwhile, I'm making plans for the summer and for next year.  One of them will be to kick off an online masters degree for mathematics, the other is teacher training for AP Calculus course, and then there are plan to get a full-blown motorcycle license in Canada.  So yeah it's gonna be a busy July.
 
Meanwhile, there is likely going to be a 3-week delay between when I start the motorcycle course and when I get the actual license.  To make use of that wait time, I've got a bicycle trip planned in my home province.  More details on that from this website
 
 
There could be more delays, but let's hope not as I'm back in the Orient by the beginning of August, and I'm taking a bit of a gamble that the whole license process will work out within a month. 
 
As for August, that's where the Tibet trip comes into play.  3 weeks to do a Lhasa-Kathmandu run, I can hardly wait!  There's just training that needs to continue.
 
The new place I've moved into slightly out of downtown, aka the midburbs, is working out real nice.  I've been sleeping much better these days with a combination of quieter surroundings and the white noise generator.  The neighorhood itself is top notch with a Starbucks, McDonald's, and a Carrefour all within walking distance.
 
As the year winds down now, all that's left to do is mark exams and get those final report card marks in by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment