Saturday 18 June 2011

Moving Done!

Today's weather:  High = 26  Low = 22
Heavy rain

As hoped for, the rain let up ... a 3 hour break, in fact, starting at around 8am on a Saturday morning.  At the time, who knows how long that would have lasted for.  But as soon as the rain tapered off, I knew I had to start working my ass off.
 
As it turned out, not just two round trips, but 5 trips took place within that window of time.  It was a simple case of racing against the weather and working at a fast and furious pace before the next imminent downpor.  Of course, with moving, you always more stuff to haul around that you estimated.  The very last trip was the television and using the taxi.  
 
I may have done almost 15 round trips with a motorcycle to move stuff, including valuables and fragile stuff, but the television was too valuable to take that kind of a risk.  The taxi operation went well, and just when I arrived ......  it starting raining again!
 
Phew!  Operation done!  Now it's just a matter of sitting around and waiting for the landlord to give back my deposit.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment