Friday 17 June 2011

Finishing Off the House Move

And not a moment too soon ... the lease expires on June 20.  The heavy rain, consistent with the monsoon season, is making it difficult to find opportunities to move the stuff out.  Yet do it I must, because the real estate agents are now dropping in at any time to have prospective tenants take a look at the place.  It's an annoying practice to be sure.  At first they announced the times, but lately, they have just come whenever.
 
Ordinarily I'd be bother but to be honest I really don't care right now because I'm so busy with moving house myself.  At this rate, there are only 3-4 trips more to go.  I will say this, however.  It seems the prospective tenants make a quick dash in and out to check the place out while I typing.  The price the landlord asking is way too high for this location, and there is no way he'll get customers if he asks nearly 6500 - 7000 RMB a month.  Thankfully I've got confirmation in Chinese that this is the asking price, and I can now prove he is not trying to rip off foreigners.  It seems he is mainly targeting rich locals.  At any rate, those have been the type of customers dropping in, but knowing how the Shanghainese operate, all I can say is good luck.
 
Meanwhile, I've got another place 15 minutes away that only costs 3600 RMB a month and that's where I'm heading to right now for moving, so it's time to stop getting off my butt with all this typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment