Wednesday 7 September 2011

Air Raid Drills: I'll Have No Part in This

Got this from today's Shanghai daily.  Headline is entitled, "Get Ready for a Air Raid Drill"

 

I would entitle it, "Get Ready to Vacate the City" and that's what I'll plan to do on the Sept 17 weekend.

 

----------------

LOCAL residents from every corner of the city, except for the two airports, are requested to take part in an air defense drill on September 17, the Nationwide National Defense Education Day, the Shanghai government announced today.

The warning will start at 11:35am and last until 12:03pm and local authorities will then inform people about the warning through TV and radio stations and cellphone short messages.

Once the air defense warning stops, local residents are expected to participate in fire escape drills in their neighborhoods.

----------------

 

To that end, I would say make me.

No comments:

Post a Comment