Sunday 11 September 2011

Biking Shanghai: Easy Does It

 
This recent post I made on the biking website summarizes the 2008-09 teaching year rather well, complete with pictures of where I used to live and work.  It was a very difficult year, and I blogged extensively about it, but then made a decision to delete the entire blog.   The summary post, 3 years after the fact, is a much better representation.
 
Shockingly, I learned a couple days ago that the Hebrew writing for the words 'grumble' and 'complain' also make up the root word for 'Satan'.  That is to say, if I grumble and complain all the time, I'm essentially telling Satan 'whats up bro'.  Not exactly a pleasant thought, so I think it's high time to put a stop to the complainig.
 
However, yesterday's bike ride made me sick.  This isn't complaining but a statement of fact.  The air in Shanghai is much more polluted and noxious than in Thailand.  Heavy breathing and fitness means my lungs get filled with the bad air and it has a nauseating effect.   I managed to recover alright, but in future will seriously have to ease up on the biking or scrap the rides in the local countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment