Monday 5 September 2011

Being a Math Guy Pays Well

At least in Shanghai it certainly does! Rolling off the last post, it's not much of a surprise that my ability to clue into social dynamics and sensitivities is rather limited. But whatever, I'm not a total social misfit and have attained a level of communication skills I feel comfortable with and can get me through the day, not to mention teach math classes which earn me piles of cash. And who can complain about making money through math skills?

Speaking of which, 3 of my students in a trial AP Calculus tutorial all got full marks worth of 5. This is fantastic news and they deserve those marks for all the work they put into the course. Meanwhile the agreement we made was that the tutorials were free but if they got 5s on the AP test then they would pay tuition fees after the fact. Let's just say that cash is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment